What is periodontitis?
Periodontitis is a difficult disease of dental tissue, characterized by the emergence of pockets of bacteria in the settlement of existing pockets of bacteria is a growing, penetrate deeply and completely destroy the supporting tissue of teeth, and finally, comes to swaying and tooth loss. The most severe form of the destruction of the supporting tissues of the teeth I called periodontitis.
- What causes can lead to periodontal disease?
- Hormonal changes (pregnancy)
- Diabetes (already in young children who suffer from diabetes are at risk 7 times more frequent disease of periodontal disease than in their healthy peers)
- Malocclusion (bad bite, crowding of teeth)
- Poorly placed dental fillings
- Lack of teeth that are not reimbursed prosthetic
- Dental caries
- What are the signs of periodontal disease?
Symptoms of periodontal disease in the gingiva are: redness, swelling, pain and pockets. Alveolar (jaw) bone is resorbed, get the supporting apparatus of teeth, teeth dangle and fall. He feels uncomfortable halitosis.
In practice we can provide a range of preventive and curative measures of treatment of periodontal disease:
- Periodontal microbial test
- Caries risk test
- Cleaning of tartar with ultrasound
- Remove soft plaque
- Curettage pockets
- Fixation of the remaining teeth